Ohhh Vegas. You are such a strange place. And you are hot…super HOT. In more ways than one, I might add. I’ve been to Vegas three times, well four if you count the one night stay of our family cross country road trip we made when I was 4 years old. TBH, we don’t go to Vegas to party it up. Jered & I are old souls if you can’t tell (at least I am haha) and it’s just not really my thing. We may play a slot or two for fun, but we really enjoy going there for the food and shopping. Shocker.
Vegas is far more than all the pool parties. So if ya wanna take a break from the pool a day or two, this guide is for you. I’m rounding my favorite places to eat and things to do!
- Giada: I truly don’t understand why this doesn’t have better ratings on Yelp. I thought the food was delicious. Went for brunch and had a waffle served with grilled pineapple and nutella and OMG. Jered went for the savory and his was just as good. The pasta is super flavorful.
- Hexx Kitchen + Bar: Breakfast, lunch, or dinner…they do it all. They are open from 6 am to 12 am and have everything from pancakes to pizza.
- Yardbird Southern Table: The most pillowy, fluffy biscuits of all time. I could have eaten that and nothing else. Also the mac & cheese = heaven.
- Herringbone: If you’ve been to San Diego, you may have heard of Herringbone. It serves naturally sourced seafood, meats, and veggies along with delicious cocktails. I’m not much of a drinker, but could have had 3 of them.
- El Dorado Cantina: All organic Mexican food. The portions are massive. The food is great and the margaritas are as fresh as it gets (and also massive).
- Therapy: I had a ton of people recommend this place to us! We didn’t get to go, but wanted to put it on here anyways so you could check it out :).
- Honey Salt: Another cute farm-to-table restaurant serving Southern-inspired food. It’s about 20 minutes from the Strip but their brunch is worth the drive.
- Beauty & Essex: Such a cool place. The atmosphere is probably my favorite thing about it. Don’t get me wrong though, the food is gooood!
- Harvest: Located in the Bellagio. Pricey, but great for a nice dinner. It’s farm-to-table and everything tastes fresh!
- Momofuku: Lunch or dinner here is excellent. Don’t leave without grabbing a slice of birthday cake from Milk Bar next door.
- Sage: Farm-to-table food located in Aria hotel. A little pricey, but good.
- Flower Child: Globally inspired eats created with organic and locally sourced ingredients. They have plenty of gf/v options, and also offer proteins like sustainable salmon and grass-fed steak. You can order plates, bowls, wraps, lemonade, and gluten-free chocolate chip cookies.
- Shake Shack: You already know.
- Burger Lounge: Grass-fed, organic burgers. Their veggie burger is one of my faves. Not as good as most locations, but still tasty.
- Me Gusta Tacos: YUMMY tacos with locations in LV and Henderson. So much flavor and their frescas are bomb.
- Toast Society: Insta food & fitness blogger, Rachel’s Good Eats helped shape the menu for this place, so you know it’s good! The food is lovely & very picturesque. It’s the first gourmet toast bar in LV.
- Egg Slut: Exactly what it sounds like haha. A restaurant dedicated to all things eggs. Located in the Cosmo.
- Milk Bar: TBH, the softserve was good…but not as good as I thought it would be. Go try for yourself and let me know!
- Ben & Jerry’s: I tried every single flavor before choosing one. But hey, now I know what pints to buy at the store.
- Sprinkles Cupcakes & Ice Cream: If you’ve been wanting to try Sprinkles, this is your chance. It’s such a cute shop!
- Amorino Gelato: All-natural gelato in the shape of a flower? Yes, please.
- Matcha Cafe Maiko: Matcha lovers, this place is for you.
- Mothership Coffee Roasters: You won’t find a local coffee shop on the Strip in Vegas, so if you want to experience some of the coffee LV offers, go to Henderson or downtown. Mothership is one of my faves.
- Bad Owl Coffee: If you’re a Harry Potter fan like me, you GOTTA go here. The HP theme they have going on makes everything taste 10x better.
- Sunrise Coffee: The lattes here are everything.
- Makers and Finders Coffee: Such a pretty coffee shop located in downtown LV.
- Desert Wind Coffee: Another great local spot.
- Pressed Juicery: If I need a juice or anything, Pressed is always my go to.
- Starbucks: Sorry this made the list, haha. But if you’re on the Strip, this is the only coffee you’ll see for miles.
- Pressed for Juice: LOL okay…reminds me of Pressed Juicery. I wonder why?
- The Juice Standard: Local to LV and 100% organic.
Things to Do:
- Hoover Dam: Okay, MUST DO. It is sooo cool to see and worth the 30 minute drive. I’ve been twice and both times were equally cool. You can take a tour of the dam or you can just walk around. All in all you won’t be there more than an hour or two.
- Lake Mead State Park: If you’re already planning on going to the Hoover Dam, Lake Mead is just a few minutes away. Its beautiful and bright blue…pretty much an oasis in the desert. You do have to pay an entry fee if you want to go.
- Fremont Street: Known for is rich Vegas history, lights, and music. The Fremont Experience is something you want to see!
- Henderson: We love going to Henderson! It’s a low key suburban neighborhood with shopping, good coffee, and good food. If you need a break or just wanna venture out a little, make the short 15 minute drive! Worth it.
- Shows: Magic shows, concerts at Planet Hollywood (we saw Gwen Stefani and it was AMAZING), and the Chinese acrobats are a few among the many shows Vegas offers.
- Shopping: There is a ton of high-end shopping along the Strip. From one end to the other, there is 3 Gucci stores. The Forum Shops at Caesars is such a cool experience- definitely recommend checking it out.
- The Strip: Self-explanatory! So much to do.
- Cosmopolitan: The Cosmo is such a FUN hotel! It has crystal chandeliers in the lobby along with an Alice & Wonderland themed section and cute shops/restaurants like All Saints, Dry Bar, Momofuku, Egg Slut, and Milk Bar. The rooms are super pretty with plenty of room. I would totally stay here again. The location of the Cosmo is the best in my opinion.
- Aria: Even if we don’t stay in Aria, we somehow find ourselves spending a lot of time here. They have Burger Lounge in the casino area and the hotel is also attached to a huge shopping mall (The Shops at Crystals) with retailers like Gucci, Prada, and Louis Vuitton. You can typically find a really good deal if you stay here.
- The Venetian: Such a gorgeous hotel! You can even take a Gondola Ride in front of the hotel, which is kinda cool. We went here to eat at Yardbird and loved it!
- New York New York: Literally the coolest themed hotel on the Strip. I definitely recommend taking a look inside! The hotel has a roller coaster…oh, and cute places for photo ops right outside.
- The Cromwell: Think…pink, pink, and more pink. If we’re ever in Vegas again, this is where I wanna stay. It would be perfect for a Bachelorette party. They also have my favorite restaurant in Vegas- Giada!